Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Furniture Made In The USA - Dec 2012






Thank goodness the Mayans had it wrong. I have a lot of projects that I want to see completed and Christmas is the main one right now!

This is my second installment of "Furniture Made In The USA." This month I proudly present you with what is, in my humble opinion, a furniture artist.

Visit their website for more information. Ian Grant's story is interesting and worth reading.
Bjorling & Grant is a furniture maker based in Minneapolis. All of their custom furniture is made in their workshop to the specifications of their various clients. All of the wood used in their furniture construction is either re-claimed or from FSC certified forests.

Please take a look at some of these custom pieces. I think you'll agree, there is quite a bit of art in these pieces. In the interest of full disclosure, Bjorling & Grant also sells items that are sourced from places far and away, but I feel that because the bulk of their furniture is Made in the USA, it qualified under my very tight rules for qualifying for this blog. :)

Platform bed with built in night stands and tree-cross section headboard. Wow! - Bjorling & Grant

This is so gorgeous. It reminds me of a four-leaf clover. Lucky. - Bjorling & Grant

Beautiful clean lines. - Bjorling & Grant

I love the wood grain. Has a bit of an alien look to it - do you see it? I love it. - Bjorling & Grant

Gorgeous kitchen table. I bet it ages beautifully. Bjorling & Grant

What do you think about these pieces? There is such beauty in letting the forest dictate the furniture in it's way. I'm not a tree hugger or anything, but you have to appreciate the beauty of the design that nature created and Ian Grant simply allowed to come through.

Liked my post? Want to see more?


Like what you see? Please Like me on Facebook. You can also Follow me on Pinterest.

Thanks for stopping by My Head Space!

Copyright, Cristina Mullins Interiors, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment