Sunday, October 28, 2012

10 Ways to Cozy Your Home aka How to Survive Sandy

I live on the East Coast - just a bit outside Washington, DC. So we get all of the seasons. My favorite is always fall. I love the slight chill in the air and taking out my boots and sweaters. I love the leaves changing color and falling. And I love snuggling up in my Snuggie (yes I have one!) and reading, watching TV, or working on the sofa. 

Unfortunately, this fall we are in the path of Hurricane Sandy aka Frankenstorm. Which got me thinking about what we could do to buckle down for this nasty storm and get cozy.

So here are my top 10 ways to cozy your home:

Furry Comforter - Wildcat Territory
Cozy throws like this one is cashmere -
etsy.com (ibbiknits shop)

Throw pillows in cozy knits too - countryliving.com

Don't have a fireplace to warm up to? Here's a movable one -
peepculture.com

Cozy up with books and magazines and put them in a
pretty rack - eurway.com

Warm candle light - I don't recommend this if you have
little ones in the house, but maybe some scented ones.


Bake a pie or something yummy with pumpkin and
then eat it. Yum! It's cozy for your tummy.

Hot cocoa with marshmallows, tea or coffee. Something warm
to make your insides cozy too.

Love cozy cotton jammies. This one is so pretty and
romantic. - peruvian connection

Snuggles
and Cuddles.

Any other suggestions for getting cozy this fall and/or surviving Hurricane Sandy? I would love to hear them.


No comments:

Post a Comment