Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Top 10 Bedrooms From House Beautiful

I am speechless about this room. Love the palette, the styling.
Love it all. I having bedroom envy. 
One of the areas of my home that causes me the most irritation is our Master Bedroom. There is lots that is wrong with it - but that's for another day - so I love looking at Master Bedrooms for my "some day"  Dream Master.

One place I tend to find lots of inspiration is House Beautiful. I love the magazine and the online newsletter both! My husband can attest to the fact that I keep back issues for far too long! 

Recently, House Beautiful featured 80+ "Beautiful Designer Bedrooms" to inspire.

I looked through all of them - there were actually 95. And I didn't like some of them, and some I found very pretty.  Out of those, however, only 9 did I truly love. Here are my picks (and pics):


This is more traditional and formal than what I would choose,
but again the colors, symmetry. I looks like a lovely B&B. 

Something so French about this room. The lovely 4-poster
is the queen of the room. And all of the touches of gold.
It's like spending the night in Versailles.

This room captured my attention because of
the wallpaper. It almost looks like a cozy
coverlet all over the wall.  And still completely
sophisticated.

This looks like a Parisienne bachelor pad. It's masculine,
and a bit cave-like. And the red throw - so sexy.
Monochromatic - at it's best, though I do wish
the wall was a warmer white.

Talk about masculine. And again, not my typical style,
but it's so rich and masculine. And the light elements balance
out an almost too-dark room.



I like the simplicity of this room, and love the built-ins
with mirrored panels. That and the chandelier take it from
too plain, too simply elegant.

I have lots of colors like this in my closet for fall
and winter. Looks like a rich, cozy cashmere sweater.
And the wood on the ceilings. Just gorgeous.
OK - I said 9 and this is #10. I would have passed
right by it if not for the striking magenta chair.
Way to add punch.

I these rooms bring you inspiration too. And if one of these happens to be your Master Bedroom - aren't you lucky!?! 

Questions, comments - it's all good. Send me something. Would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment