Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Red Obsessed

Baker Showroom @ Market
Hickory, NC
I didn't get to go to Fall market. But I was receiving all the beautiful promo materials from all of my favorite vendors. This one from Baker on the left really captured my attention. Sure the furniture is elegant and classic, and the styling give it just the right amount of luxury and refinement.

The real star of this room, however, is the color - RED. Have you noticed how big of a comeback it's made this fall? Shoot even Taylor Swift named her latest album Red.


Chloe ankle boots - $725 @ yoox.com
What really started my obsession was this fabulous pair of fantastically stunning want-them-like-the-witch-wants-Dorothy's red boots. Unfortunately, they are as out of reach for me as they were for the Wicked Witch of the East - or was it the West? 

Regardless, my point is that red is back in a big way. It's all over the Fashion Rags and all over the interior design world. 



Bed base and red blanket. Houzz.com

Light touch - wish they had gone just a little bit
 bolder on the head board.  Houzz.com


Everything neutral, red is used to highlight to
architectural curve of the wall.  Houzz.com

BTW, I've been away. I know. No excuse. Busy - yep so's everyone. I know I need to do more blogging. And I really want to. Keep it simple is part of my plan....

Thoughts? Would love to hear them. Good, bad, indifferent. It's all good. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment