Saturday, November 24, 2012

Deck the Halls...Non-Tree Trees

Hi there!

We just arrived home from Hershey so we haven't started our Christmas decorating just yet, but I'm pretty sure that we will begin to take out some of our trees tomorrow. I'm so excited - and slightly obsessed - with seeing other's trees. Some I have found are amazing - and not even actual trees! How creative.

While they are definitely not everyone's cup of tea, I think we can all appreciate the ingenuity that these folks used. I think I've found my next tree creation too! 

Take a look...


Just what the picture says - a vintage wooden ladder as a tree! -  Electically Vintage
Merry Mirror - using all green containers and organizational tools - Michael Johansson
Book Tree! Fabulous for a book-lover like myself. Now that I have my Kindle I know what to do with my books. This also gave me the idea for using paperbacks as ornaments! -  Yeah Writers Tumblr
Bottle Tree - Not recommended with households with kids or cats. However,  all those bottles do make a really sparkly tree. And I like the star on the top. - Amazing Rabbit

Like I said, perhaps not everyone's cup of tea but you have to admit the creativity is pretty incredible. My favorite, in case you didn't already guess, is the book tree. But I like them all. Like Charlie Brown, at the end of the day if you put enough love into it any "tree" can be a Christmas tree.

Thoughts, comments, pictures? I would love for you to share them with me. You can also Like me on Facebook and/or follow me on Pinterest.

Copyright, Cristina Mullins Interiors, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment